This Gig is in the past, if you were there leave a review below
The Band, now styled on Military Band instrumentation, was originally founded by a small nucleus of 7 or 8 young musicians in February 1992, following the demise of the Evesham Sea Cadet Corps Band. The number of members achieving good results for examinations set by the Royal Schools of Music has resulted in the Band rapidly gaining recognition as a successful training ground for young musicians and aspiring adults within the Vale of Evesham.
Having also attracted support from a number of other experienced local instrumentalists, to supplement the backing and expertise of an excellent tuition staff, the Band has grown from strength to strength. The Band has a wide repertoire of popular music - featuring standards, songs from the shows, movie themes and many of today’s classics.
Smartly uniformed, the Band presents it’s members in colourful royal blue jackets, which show contrasting navy cuffs and lapels, trimmed with gold braid. This is complimented by black trousers and matching black tie bearing the Band’s own distinctive logo in gold; bringing a touch of splendour to every occasion.
Now popular throughout the Midlands, the Band has performed at many prestigious events such as providing conference music for LAUTRO and performing at the hospitality Open Day. ‘’Fly High with SONIX’’, appearances at Garden Parties, Carnivals, Fetes and Parades across the region and playing suitable programmes of music for Afternoon Concerts in Parks at various towns including Cheltenham, Gloucester, Kidderminster, Leamington Spa, Stroud, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwick and Worcester.
* There is NO weekly or annual subscription
* Instruments readily available if required at no cost
* Unrivalled standard of help and instruction is freely given to aspiring players
* Motivating social activities are occasionally held
* The Concert Band uses both brass and woodwind instruments
* Players are not restricted to one style of music
*"Swing Band" and specialist smaller groups available
The Lido Park is near the old part of the town with the main entrance and car park off the Worcester Road approximately 100m from the end of the High Street.
The park was awarded Green Flag status for the first time in 2011/12 and each and every year since.
As well as the bandstand the park also features...
- Water Play Fountains
- Floral bedding displays
- Mature trees and shrubs
- Fishing at Heriott's pool and platforms for disabled fishing
- Feed the ducks at Bishops pool
- Free to use, Hard court tennis courts
- 5 a side court with basket ball nets
- Children's play areas, enclosed and natural open area
- Tree carving, located by the cafe
- Wall mural
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
and the Lido Cafe.
Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this gig listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.