This Gig is in the past, if you were there leave a review below
SUBB is a non-profit making organisation which endeavours through music to:
- Give local musicians of all ages and abilities the opportunity to play great music together
- Provide an opportunity for players to learn and improve their musical skills
- Create exciting live shows, performing music from a wide range of sources and genres
- Support and fund raise for local good causes and charities
- Bring the joy of fantastic music to local audiences
- Pay tribute to the great jazz and swing music of the past, as well as the modern era.
Since its formation, the SUBB group has expanded to include:
- Swing Unlimited Big Band - the original "outfit" featuring many professional musicians and led by the very brilliant MDs, James Stead and Patrick Peiro.
- Swing Unlimited Community Band – providing opportunities for amateur musicians of all ages from the local community to learn, practice and perform the same kind of music as SUBB.
- Swing Unlimited Dance Band – a 15-17 piece band dedicated to dance music of all types.
- Swing Unlimited All Stars “Tribute to Count Basie” - specialising in the music of the great man himself.
- Swing Unlimited Jazz Club. The jazz club, formed in 2010 and run by Patrick and Catherine Peiro, is host to some of the finest musicians both local and national every Wednesday evening at Bournemouth Sports Club, Chapel Gate. An eclectic and exciting mixture of music is featured week by week including, of course, performances by the bands and individual musicians within the SUBB group itself. Full details of the venue and forthcoming acts as well as all aspects of the SUBB group can be found on the website.
The Swing Unlimited Big Band Group can provide bands of all sizes and all types of music for any occasion or function. We regularly play at weddings, Balls, Proms, birthday and anniversary parties as well as major open-air events and a variety of theatre and concert venues. Please contact us if you want to make any booking enquiry, would like to join the group as a musician, want to support us by becoming a friend of SUBB, or just want to know more about us!
Music Venue, Restaurant and Accomodation
Set in a beautiful old schoolhouse in Eastleigh and neighbouring the Lakeside Country Park, The Concorde is a vibrant dining, dancing and entertainment venue with versatile indoor and outdoor event space and inviting accommodation.
Easily accessible, yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Southampton city centre, this unique, award-winning and family-run venue offers a warm welcome, an eclectic mix of styles and an electric atmosphere.
The Concorde Club was launched in 1957 in Southampton by jazz aficionado Cole Mathieson, and is the oldest jazz club under the same management in the United Kingdom and possibly the world.
Originally established as a members club, nowadays we welcome non members too!
Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this gig listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.