* Page Loading - Please Wait *
View other venues in Derbyshire
View other venues in Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire
This Event is currently unclaimed. We strongly advise contacting the event organisers to check details before traveling.
If you are the person responsible for this event please claim control by Clicking Here
About Whaley Bridge Well Dressings
Venue Type: Well Dressing
A series of dressings along the main A6 between the canal basin and Taxal and Fernilee School.
Canal Basin Well Dressings
- 3 Well Dressings at the junction of Bingswood Avenue and Tom Brad’s Croft; one on Bingswood Avenue itself and two at the old trough near the Car Park
Uniting Church Well Dressing
- Outside the Uniting Church on Buxton Road, just north of the railway bridge
Primary School Well Dressing
- Outside Whaley Bridge Primary School on Buxton Road, just south of the railway bridge
Holy Trinity Church Well Dressing
- Outside Holy Trinity Church on Buxton Road, about 200m south of the Primary School
Taxal & Fernilee School Well Dressing
- On Park Road Green
The blessing of the water supply, in the form of a well is an ancient ceremony dating back to the Celts or even earlier.
It is only found in or near Derbyshire.
Well Dressing is the art of decorating springs or wells with pictures made of natural products.
Clay is pressed into boards, then the picture is traced onto the clay using a pointer. Then comes the delicate task of infilling with flower petals and other natural materials.
Each petal has to be put in separately and they overlap like tiles on a roof so that rain will flow off the picture. This process takes many hours and usually occupies most of the week prior to the well being dressed.Last happened on Sun 23rd of June 2019 - Sun 30th of June 2019
Please note. This map is based on the postcode and only shows the approximate location
Sorry, We have no details about this venue serving food We don't currently have any future gigs listed at Whaley Bridge Well Dressings.
Why not the venue on BandfinderUK to get updates?
Click the button for more details