Blues / R 'n' B / Rock 'n' Roll
'Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue' - A powerful, Soul injected Blues/R'n'B/Rock'n'Roll band hailing from Bristol UK and lead by Gretsch endorsed guitarist Ruzz Guitar. After taking inspiration from many great guitarists such as Wilko Johnson, Brian Setzer, Jim Heath and Jimmie Vaughan, Ruzz has developed what he has learnt into his own style which is quickly becoming recognized around the globe.
After a few years of playing with multiple Blues and Rockabilly band's from Bristol and Bath and playing all over the UK and Europe, Ruzz has decided to put together this Blues/R'n'B/Rock'n'Roll band to showcase his unique, multi-genre guitar playing and song writing. Joining forces with drummer Zachary Evans and upright bassist Joe Allen from Bristol, they come together to create the unique sound that is "Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue".
Since the band started in 2014 they have been going from strength to strength.
- They have opened for many well-known artists such as Dr Feelgood, Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo), The BlockHeads (Ian Dury & The Blockheads), Bill Kirchen and Darrel Higham (Imelda May/Jeff Beck/Solo)
- They have self-released two albums which have both amassed multiple plays on multiple independent and internet radio stations around the globe including “Hank’s Americana Radio” and 90.1 FM KPFT “Howlin’ The Blues” broadcasting out of Houston Texas, BBC Radio Wales during Adam Walton’s “BBC Introducing” Show broadcasting from the UK and Banks Radio Australia to name a few.
- The most recent album release (“Burn Out” – November 2016) features special guest Pete Gage (The Jet Harris Band/Dr Feelgood/Solo).
- They have played all over the UK and had very successful tours of Europe (July 2015) and the USA (April 2017) which have led to plans for future tours being worked on.
- Ruzz has also been honoured by being officially endorsed by Gretsch Guitars (September 2016). In March 2017, he was made the “Featured Guitarist” on the official website for Gretsch Guitars (www.gretsch.com)
- September 2017 saw Ruzz used as the front cover image for UK Rock’n’Roll Magazine with a three page feature on the band.
"Ruzz Guitars Blues Revue comes out smokin' with 10 great blues and rockabilly tracks that we can't stop playing. This three piece band is tearing it up on the air waves for all of us over here in the USA"
Hanks Americana Radio
Houston, Texas (USA)
"That young man can pick! He tears it up like a pro and plays way beyond his years!!" –
Paul Pigat (Cousin Harley)
"Ruzz Guitar is a joy to see and keeps this beautiful roots music alive and well"
Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo Band)
"When I've seen Ruzz play live, what's great is that it’s obvious he has his influences, but he never just copies, he has his own style and you can guarantee it'll get your attention" –
Johnny Hop (UK Rock)
"Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue rocks! Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue puts the rock in rock and roll riot!" - Sam Goode (Rock and Roll Riot Radio Show)
"The quickest, slickest and sickest set of Rock N Roll fingers in the West (and beyond)! A true master of his art without any ego and a pleasure to work with" - James Maggs (Lindo Guitars)
"One of the best kept secrets on the local scene – rockabilly big band blues delivered with attitude and passion (and now sponsored by Gretsch, well done fella)" –
Jonathon Kardasz (Bristol 24/7http://www.bristol247.com/)
Pub, Restaurant and Hotel
Located in the heart of Gloucester, this 15 century Inn enjoys a medieval courtyard, real ale pub and traditional restaurant with period features. Beautifully restored, the New Inn hotel offers cosy rooms, many with exposed beams and original features. All rooms are ensuite, and have tea & coffee-making facilities and a TV. Free Wi-Fi is available at The Inn.
The courtyard has galleries on all sides, and the historic building was used by pilgrims visiting the tomb of King Edward II in the Abbey, now Gloucester Cathedral – just a couple of minutes’ walk away from the hotel. For the retail-inclined, Eastgate and King’s Walk shopping centres are minutes away, and the train station is five minutes by foot.
The Grill Restaurant serves a lunch and dinner menu in charming surroundings. The New Inn has three bars, including The Tap & Barrel Bar, offering up to seven cask ales. Treat yourself to a tasty homemade cake and a speciality tea in our welcoming coffee shop.
Our traditional carvery restaurant, Pilgrims’, serves a delicious à la carte menu with choice of real ales and tasty snacks and light bites.
The Old Tap & Barrel Bar
At the New Inn, we’ve always strived to serve the very best real ales, cider and perry from various national and local brewers in a 15-century building that retains its atmosphere of old. The Old Tap & Barrel has a tempting range of lagers, wines and spirits from around the world.
We generally have live music on Friday evenings, and karaoke/disco on Saturdays until Midnight.
Grey’s Coffee House
We offer rich and satisfying Lavazza coffee as well as teas, soft drinks, beer, wine and a range of indulgent cakes and pastries.
Hotel check in times are:-
14.00 hrs – 22.00 hrs (Mon – Sat)
14.00 hrs – 20.00 hrs (Sun)
Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this gig listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.