This Gig is in the past, if you were there leave a review below
The Band was formed in 1996, the idea being to create a Band for the benefit of the local community. It aimed to enhance and widen the scope of musical opportunities, especially for younger players, within the Parish of Dodington but also throughout the Dodington, Yate & Chipping Sodbury areas.
We have a wide range of ages and musical abilities, including very experienced as well as new and returning players. We find this mix works well and ensures help and encouragement for our younger or less experienced players.
We are based in Yate near Bristol and practice every Tuesday from 7.30pm until 9.30pm.
The band performs a wide range of music including arrangements of musicals, pop-songs and classical pieces as well as more traditional brass band music.
Engagements include concerts at various venues, formal events such as Remembrance Sunday, regular appearances at local community events, and family celebrations, including a 100th birthday!
Stratford Park is a 56 acre park located just outside the centre of Stroud, with a great range of facilities to suit all kinds of recreation.
As well as the Bandstand, the park includes a leisure centre (including an outdoor pool and tennis courts), museum, play area, skate park, lawn bowling green, children's nursery, miniature railway, arboretum/woodland, lake, and free parking.
Stratford Park has a large and varied children's play area for children between 4-11 years. Set on the large grass area at the rear of the centre, the area has climbing frames, slides, swings, runways, activity frames and springers. The play area is complimented with seating for adults and children, which makes the area ideal for family picnics. The area is managed in accordance with the European play safety guidelines and is maintained by the on-site ground staff.
The park has one of the finest collection of mature trees in the area and rivals the nearby Westonbirt Arboretum.
In April 1935 the Stratford Park estate, including the grounds and mansion house was purchased by the then Stroud Urban District Council (one of the predecessors of Stroud District Council).
The bowling green and tennis courts were developed first, followed by the outdoor pool (lido) in 1937. The first head groundsman took up residence in the mansion house (now the Museum in the Park which opened in 2001).
In 1975 the Leisure Centre building was opened within the grounds of the park to provide a whole new range of leisure provisions for the people of Stroud.
Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this gig listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.