* Page Loading - Please Wait *
Sorry, This Event is in the past!
"The Silvertown tour was led by Paul Talling, whose enthusiasm and tales made for an enjoyable and interesting afternoon. The area is surreal with an edgy yet tranquil ambiance, a treasure-trove of potential. Paul has spent the past decades roaming derelict parts of London and now shares his discoveries with regular tours and has published various books."
TIM METCALFE - London Festival of Architecture
This walk is aimed at both newcomers and people who have already done this walk over the last few years, who will be surprised at the number of changes to the area since they were previously in this area.
This tour views the exteriors of sites covered in the Derelict London website & books such as the long abandoned but soon to be redeveloped Millennium Mills, the squatted Tate Institute, the remains of Tay Wharf & the closed down Georges Diner (without the apostrophe!) & Graving Dock Tavern, plus some original picket line graffiti & a Victorian church that is now a music hall. Plus some general history of the area, social stories from the past including stories of fatal explosions at local factories and a look at how it's all about to change. These walks are all outside on public roads, and we DO NOT enter any derelict buildings. The tour ends at the wonderful Husk Brewery for drinks.
The (approx) 3 1/2 walk ends near Royal Victoria DLR station
By purchasing a ticket for a walk, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
* Although public liability insurance is held the organiser shall not be held responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to persons or property as a consequence of participation in Paul Talling's walks. Ticket holders are responsible for their safety while taking part in a walk. The guide is responsible for showing ticket holders sites of interest, but not to steward ticket holders across roads etc.
* The tour goes ahead regardless of the weather. No refunds due to inclement weather are given.
* The walk will depart promptly at the advertised time & will not wait for late-comers. If a ticket holder misses the walk, no refund will be given. You are strongly urged to check TFL for weekend engineering works that may affect your journey.
* Once a ticket has been purchased, the agency is unable to offer a refund.
Sorry, This Event is in the past!Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this event listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.