* Page Loading - Please Wait *
View other venues in Derbyshire
View other venues in Etwall, Derbyshire
This Event is currently unclaimed. We strongly advise contacting the event organisers to check details before traveling.
If you are the person responsible for this event please claim control by Clicking Here
About Etwall Well Dressing
Venue Type: Well Dressing
The number of wells dressed varies from year to year, commonly dressed wells include...
1. The Green Well Dressing
- On The Green in front of St Helen’s Church
2. Almshouses Well Dressings
- 2 dressings outside the old Almshouses, facing the churchyard of St Helen’s Church
3. Church Hill Well Dressing
- At the top of Church Hill, between St Helen’s Church and Main Street
4. Blenheim House Well Dressing
- In the garden of The Blenheim House on Derby Road
5. Hawk & Buckle Well Dressing
- In the yard of the Hawk & Buckle Inn on Derby Road
6. Primary School Well Dressing
- In the garden behind the Primary School (follow signs along path from front gate)
7. Cricket Club Well Dressing
- In the grounds of the Cricket Club (go along Church Hill to its end and through the gate onto the Cricket Ground)
8. John Port School Well Dressing
- At the entrance to John Port School, next to The Green
The village also offers a Have-a-Go Well Dressing, providing a demonstration and an opportunity for everyone to try their hand, this is normally in a marquee on The Green over the course of the weekend.
The blessing of the water supply, in the form of a well is an ancient ceremony dating back to the Celts or even earlier.
It is only found in or near Derbyshire.
Well Dressing is the art of decorating springs or wells with pictures made of natural products.
Clay is pressed into boards, then the picture is traced onto the clay using a pointer. Then comes the delicate task of infilling with flower petals and other natural materials.
Each petal has to be put in separately and they overlap like tiles on a roof so that rain will flow off the picture. This process takes many hours and usually occupies most of the week prior to the well being dressed.Last happened on Sat 18th of May 2019 - Mon 20th of May 2019
Please note. This map is based on the postcode and only shows the approximate location
Sorry, We have no details about this venue serving food We don't currently have any future gigs listed at Etwall Well Dressing.
Why not the venue on BandfinderUK to get updates?
Click the button for more details