* Page Loading - Please Wait *
View other venues in Derbyshire
View other venues in Youlgreave, Derbyshire
This Event is currently unclaimed. We strongly advise contacting the event organisers to check details before traveling.
If you are the person responsible for this event please claim control by Clicking Here
About Youlgrave Well Dressing
Venue Type: Well Dressing
Several well dressings spread out around the village.
Common locations include...
Coldwell End Well Dressing
- In the churchyard of the Methodist Church
Bank Top Well
- On the south side of Main Street between Coldwell and the Farmyard pub
- On Holywell Lane near its junction with Main Street
- At the Fountain in Fountain Square.
Reading Room Well
- In the churchyard of All Saints Church, against the north wall of the Church.
Guides’ Well Dressing
- At the opposite of the churchyard of All Saints Church from the Reading Room Well
School Well Dressing
- Outside All Saints CE Primary School
The blessing of the water supply, in the form of a well is an ancient ceremony dating back to the Celts or even earlier.
It is only found in or near Derbyshire.
Well Dressing is the art of decorating springs or wells with pictures made of natural products.
Clay is pressed into boards, then the picture is traced onto the clay using a pointer. Then comes the delicate task of infilling with flower petals and other natural materials.
Each petal has to be put in separately and they overlap like tiles on a roof so that rain will flow off the picture. This process takes many hours and usually occupies most of the week prior to the well being dressed.Last happened on Sat 25th of June 2022 - Thu 30th of June 2022
Please note. This map is based on the postcode and only shows the approximate location
Sorry, We have no details about this venue serving food
Sorry, No External Links Found
We don't currently have any future gigs listed at Youlgrave Well Dressing.
Why not the venue on BandfinderUK to get updates?
Click the button for more details