* Page Loading - Please Wait *
View other venues in Cheshire
View other venues in Bollington, Cheshire
This Event is currently unclaimed. We strongly advise contacting the event organisers to check details before traveling.
If you are the person responsible for this event please claim control by Clicking Here
About Bollington Well Dressings
Venue Type: Well Dressing
A series of well dressings spread out through the village.
Greg Fountain Well Dressings
- At the Greg Fountain, Bollington Cross. Facing the Cock and Pheasant pub
Cow Lane Well Dressing
- At the junction of Lord Street and Chancery Lane
Ash Brook Well Dressing
- Near the junction of Henshall Road and Ashbrook Road
Memorial Gardens Well Dressing
- Near the War Memorial in the Gardens at the junction of Palmerston Street and Water Street
Pool Bank Well Dressing
- In a garden off the eastern corner of Pool Bank car park
Clarence Mill Well Dressing
- Outside the Cafe Waterside at Clarence Mill
The blessing of the water supply, in the form of a well is an ancient ceremony dating back to the Celts or even earlier.
It is only found in or near Derbyshire.
Well Dressing is the art of decorating springs or wells with pictures made of natural products.
Clay is pressed into boards, then the picture is traced onto the clay using a pointer. Then comes the delicate task of infilling with flower petals and other natural materials.
Each petal has to be put in separately and they overlap like tiles on a roof so that rain will flow off the picture. This process takes many hours and usually occupies most of the week prior to the well being dressed.Last happened on Sat 6th of July 2019 - Sun 14th of July 2019
Please note. This map is based on the postcode and only shows the approximate location
Sorry, We have no details about this venue serving food We don't currently have any future gigs listed at Bollington Well Dressings.
Why not the venue on BandfinderUK to get updates?
Click the button for more details