* Page Loading - Please Wait *
View other venues in Derbyshire
View other venues in Chapel en le Frith, Derbyshire
This Event is currently unclaimed. We strongly advise contacting the event organisers to check details before traveling.
If you are the person responsible for this event please claim control by Clicking Here
About Chapel en le Frith Well Dressings
Venue Type: Well Dressing
A series of well dressings around the town.
Town Well Dressing
- Outside the Town Hall on Market Street
Methodist Church Well Dressing
- Outside the Methodist Church
Bowden Lane Well Dressing
- At the junction of Hayfield Road and Bowden Lane.
Bear Well Dressing
- On the south side of Buxton Road, near the slip road leading off the A6 from the Buxton direction
- On the east side of Crossings Road
Tramps Park Well Dressing
- In the small park on the north side of Manchester Road
Old Workhouse Well Dressing
- On the north side of Manchester Road, at its junction with Eccles Fold
The blessing of the water supply, in the form of a well is an ancient ceremony dating back to the Celts or even earlier.
It is only found in or near Derbyshire.
Well Dressing is the art of decorating springs or wells with pictures made of natural products.
Clay is pressed into boards, then the picture is traced onto the clay using a pointer. Then comes the delicate task of infilling with flower petals and other natural materials.
Each petal has to be put in separately and they overlap like tiles on a roof so that rain will flow off the picture. This process takes many hours and usually occupies most of the week prior to the well being dressed.Last happened on Sat 6th of July 2019 - Sun 14th of July 2019
Please note. This map is based on the postcode and only shows the approximate location
Sorry, We have no details about this venue serving food We don't currently have any future gigs listed at Chapel en le Frith Well Dressings.
Why not the venue on BandfinderUK to get updates?
Click the button for more details