Blues / R 'n' B / Rock 'n' Roll
'Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue' - A powerful, Soul injected Blues/R'n'B/Rock'n'Roll band hailing from Bristol UK and lead by Gretsch endorsed guitarist Ruzz Guitar. After taking inspiration from many great guitarists such as Wilko Johnson, Brian Setzer, Jim Heath and Jimmie Vaughan, Ruzz has developed what he has learnt into his own style which is quickly becoming recognized around the globe.
After a few years of playing with multiple Blues and Rockabilly band's from Bristol and Bath and playing all over the UK and Europe, Ruzz has decided to put together this Blues/R'n'B/Rock'n'Roll band to showcase his unique, multi-genre guitar playing and song writing. Joining forces with drummer Zachary Evans and upright bassist Joe Allen from Bristol, they come together to create the unique sound that is "Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue".
Since the band started in 2014 they have been going from strength to strength.
- They have opened for many well-known artists such as Dr Feelgood, Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo), The BlockHeads (Ian Dury & The Blockheads), Bill Kirchen and Darrel Higham (Imelda May/Jeff Beck/Solo)
- They have self-released two albums which have both amassed multiple plays on multiple independent and internet radio stations around the globe including “Hank’s Americana Radio” and 90.1 FM KPFT “Howlin’ The Blues” broadcasting out of Houston Texas, BBC Radio Wales during Adam Walton’s “BBC Introducing” Show broadcasting from the UK and Banks Radio Australia to name a few.
- The most recent album release (“Burn Out” – November 2016) features special guest Pete Gage (The Jet Harris Band/Dr Feelgood/Solo).
- They have played all over the UK and had very successful tours of Europe (July 2015) and the USA (April 2017) which have led to plans for future tours being worked on.
- Ruzz has also been honoured by being officially endorsed by Gretsch Guitars (September 2016). In March 2017, he was made the “Featured Guitarist” on the official website for Gretsch Guitars (www.gretsch.com)
- September 2017 saw Ruzz used as the front cover image for UK Rock’n’Roll Magazine with a three page feature on the band.
"Ruzz Guitars Blues Revue comes out smokin' with 10 great blues and rockabilly tracks that we can't stop playing. This three piece band is tearing it up on the air waves for all of us over here in the USA"
Hanks Americana Radio
Houston, Texas (USA)
"That young man can pick! He tears it up like a pro and plays way beyond his years!!" –
Paul Pigat (Cousin Harley)
"Ruzz Guitar is a joy to see and keeps this beautiful roots music alive and well"
Kirk Fletcher (The Fabulous Thunderbirds/Joe Bonamassa/Solo Band)
"When I've seen Ruzz play live, what's great is that it’s obvious he has his influences, but he never just copies, he has his own style and you can guarantee it'll get your attention" –
Johnny Hop (UK Rock)
"Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue rocks! Ruzz Guitar's Blues Revue puts the rock in rock and roll riot!" - Sam Goode (Rock and Roll Riot Radio Show)
"The quickest, slickest and sickest set of Rock N Roll fingers in the West (and beyond)! A true master of his art without any ego and a pleasure to work with" - James Maggs (Lindo Guitars)
"One of the best kept secrets on the local scene – rockabilly big band blues delivered with attitude and passion (and now sponsored by Gretsch, well done fella)" –
Jonathon Kardasz (Bristol 24/7http://www.bristol247.com/)
Live Music Bar
Overlooking Montpellier Gardens, one of the town centre’s most picturesque locations, the vividly painted Blues Bar packs an unlikely punch amongst its more gentile neighbours.
However, due to its unique, welcoming vibe, its insistence in providing high quality, free live music every night of the week, and the incredible support of its customers, the bar has developed a strong position in the community, as licensees Simon and Sharon Colgan, explain:
"The Blues Bar is not just a pub, it has a defined character that has aged extremely well," says Simon. "It is the only live music venue in Harrogate that has kept its identity during the past 21 years and it continues to attract new customers and performers from miles around."
Modelled on an Amsterdam cafe´ bar it has been going for more than 20 years.
LIVE music every night + 3 Bands on a Sunday..
GIN bar upstairs with 60+ Gins to choose from..
The home of YORKSHIRE TAPAS.
Whilst every effort goes into ensuring this gig listing is accurate and up to date, always check with the venue before you travel.